Stand with Peter Garrett
“There’s no question. The Labor party needs a strong, ongoing voice for the members’ concern for environment and climate change policy. And that’s exactly what LEAN is.
The thing is that LEAN is well… lean. It runs on the smell of an oily rag and the enthusiasm of volunteers. What it’s been able to achieve is incredible, but to strengthen the Labor party on climate and environment, we really need it to step up.
That’s why I encourage you to become one of the 500 Labor Climate Champions we need. True believers in Labor’s great reform tradition and in the environment. With just 500 of us chipping in $5 a week we can turn LEAN into a MEAN operation. The country and the party need it. Please join me.”
Peter Garrett, Sydney
LEAN is an affiliated Labor Action Committee of the Australian Labor Party (NSW Branch). Donations to LEAN are tax-deductible political donations.
By making a donation, you declare that:
You are not a foreign donors as defined below:
- a foreign public enterprise;
an entity (whether or not incorporated) that does not meet any of the following conditions:
- the entity is incorporated in Australia;
- the entity's head office is in Australia;
- the entity's principal place of activity is, or is in, Australia;
an individual who is none of the following:
- an elector;
- an Australian citizen;
- an Australian resident;
- a New Zealand citizen who holds a Subclass 444 (Special Category) visa under the Migration Act 1958 (or if that Subclass ceases to exist, the kind of visa that replaces that Subclass).
- That this payment is not made on behalf of tobacco related business entities.
You understand that if you make a donation or a number of donations (including in-kind donations) to the Australian Labor Party (NSW Branch) or its elected members or candidates for federal purposes that total more than $14,500 during the 2021/22 year you are required to lodge a disclosure return to the Australian Electoral Commission between 1 July 2022 and 17 November 2022. For further information, please see: https://www.aec.gov.au/parties_and_representatives/financial_disclosure/guides/donors/index.htm